Our "Life Rewards the Risk Taker" Double Ring as seen in Etsy Success.
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Friday, February 11, 2011
It appears MerCurios has quite the admirer, and I must admit I am a bit flattered. On the left is a ring that just popped up at Banana Republic. On the right is the original MerCurios design from March 2010. We have been selling our ring for about a year now, and it has been featured in countless well-read Fashion Blogs - not to mention CLEO MAGAZINE...twice! (read all about it here and here.)
Of course the ring isn't going to be an EXACT duplicate; you are not going to get wire wrapping like that in a factory in China!
It's official! MerCurios doesn't follow the trends - WE SET THEM! ...I always knew I was ahead of the curve. ;)
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
What you need:
1. Frozen Spinach, chopped - 2 10oz packages - you can use fresh spinach, personally I find the frozen easier to work with.
2. Garlic - about 6 cloves or so finely chopped
3. Chicken broth or stock - 3 cups
4. Water - 2 cups
5. Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
6. Grated Parmegiano Reggiano cheese - 1/2 cup (more for topping)
7. Large eggs - 2 beat
What you do:
1. Saute the spinach and garlic in a little extra virgin olive oil until the spinach has thawed (if frozen) or until the spinach cooks down (if fresh). 2. Add the chicken broth, water & black pepper; bring to a slow boil; reduce the heat to medium low. 3. Once the broth & water has gelled, slowly stir in the grated cheese. 4. Slowly drizzle in the egg - it should cook as it's being poured in. If not, then your soup is not hot enough. 5. Cook for about 10 minutes, or so. 6. Serve
Serve over rice or pasta. We enjoy ours with cheese filled tricolor tortellini. Be sure to have lots of Italian Bread on hand for mopping up all the extra juice. NOTE: if you have left overs, the rice or pasta will absorb most of the liquid so add some water before refrigerating or when you take it out to re-heat.
What's your favorite soup to enjoy on a cold winters day?