Thursday, November 3, 2011

Project Accessory

Show of hands - who watched Project Accessory last week?  Who will be watching tonight?

I love accessories! You can't spend 20+ years of your career in the Accessories Industry and not love them.  They make or break the outfit. Add the finishing touch.  They are very personal, and perhaps more importantly, accessories allow a persons personality to shine through.

Believe it or not, I only found out about the show the day of the NYC auditions, otherwise I would have been in that cattle call - side-by-side with my peers vying for the opportunity of a lifetime.  That said, everything happens for a reason AND there is always next season...right?

Of course after watching the first episode, who knows.  I'm sure the team will be challenged to do more than just jewelry.  Shoes, Hats or Handbags perhaps.  While I'm sure I could make handbag, I doubt it would be anything anybody would want to carry, lol.  Forget about a hat or pair or pair of shoes.  Then again, we never what we can accomplish until we try, right?

Personally, I thought the designers were FAB! Each had their own design aesthetic that they brought to the table. While some styles may have been similar, each transformation of the basic "white T and jeans" was unique to the respective designers vision.

Anyway, I am definitely looking forward to future episodes.  I can not wait to see the challenges and how the individual designers attack them.  As a designer myself, I find it very inspiring and thought provoking.  The only down fall is that someone has to go home each week. - it is a competition after all.

Thoughts?

Carpe Diem Banner Ring from MerCurios

No comments: