Friday, December 2, 2011

It's Summer in Australia

Last nights challenge on Project Accessory was to accessorize a swimsuit.  The designers combed the beach and boardwalk at Cony Island for materials with which to create 3 accessories -- sandals, a head piece and an accessory of choice.

I loved what James came up with.  Having very long hair myself, his modern, chic and industrial-style hair sticks rocked in my opinion.  

...other than a hat or hair sticks, you really won't catch me wearing accessories at the beach or pool though.  It's not because I'm lazy, as I am most definitely not lazy.  In fact, it's because I'm so lathered up with sunblock that anything other than a hat would just get greasy and ruined.  I'm sure I over do it with the SPF 100 that I reapply every few hours; but that's what happens when your mom dies from skin cancer at 43.

Anyway, one of the looks that judges enjoyed last night was a mixture of shells and Swarovski crystals.  We mixed shells and raw crystals for our Spring/Summer 2011 Collection back in March/April of this year.  I'm taking the liberty of sharing it with you here just in case you missed it in the shop over the summer.


Clockwise from bottom left:
Smoky Quartz & Shell Knuckle Ring in Copper; Double Quartz & Shell Necklace; Smoky Quartz Metallic Shell Cuff; Smoky Quartz & Shell Necklace; Crystal Quartz, Skull & Shell Knuckle Ring; Rose Gold Oyster Shell & Quartz Knuckle Ring; Rose Gold Skull & Spiral Shell Ring; Crystal Quartz & Shell Two Finger Ring in Copper.

No comments: