Wednesday, January 6, 2010

PAMA Glazed Chicken

I asked Santa for PAMA for Christmas and in true Santa fashion he came through!  I've been cooking with it ever since.

We love chicken in my house, and a favorite is balsamic glazed chicken, you can see the recipe here.  So last night I thought why not try updating it using PAMA Pomegranate Liqueur.  Just as I predicted, it was good!  While I know there are many ways to create & modify this dish, here's what I did:

Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts filleted
1/4 cup chopped sundried tomatoes
1 thinly sliced medium onion
2-4 finely chopped garlic gloves (depending on how much garlic you like)
1 cup white wine (I had chardonnay on hand)
1/2 cup PAMA Pomegranate Liqueur
3 Tbs white balsamic vinegar (you can omit if you like)

Directions:
1) heat 3 tbs olive oil in a skillet over med high head and cook the chicken about 3-5 minutes on each side until almost cooked through; remove to a plate to keep warm.
2) add onion, cook about 5 minutes until soft.
3) add garlic & sundried tomatoes cooking until fragrant.
4) add white wine, PAMA & balsamic vinegar bring to a quick boil.
5) reduce heat to med low, return the chicken to the pan and simmer until chicken has cooked through and the sauce has reduced.

I served this over jasmine rice.

If you try this or a version of it, share your thoughts!

No comments: